Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation and support on Servers and Storage Hardware, AIX/Solaris/Linux Operating Systems, Backup and Clustering software.
- Perform health checks on installed systems and prepare report.
- Assist the technician in planning and execution of work.
- Carry out customer trainings as may be required.
- Perform presales activities for example, preparation of tender proposals and quotes to customers.
- Perform site surveys and draw list of materials and requirements.
- Supervise a team of technicians.
- Must be apt to work in teams.
- Must be available to work on nightshift, standby team, odd hours, after office hours public holidays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to work under stressful, very demanding customer environment.
- Must have good knowledge and ability to abide and deliver according to international quality standards for IT Installations.
- Must show ability and willingness to continually improve, learn and pursue advance technical training.
- Must have knowledge of health and safety principles.
- Professional certifications like AIX, Solaris, Oracle Hardware, IBM Hardware, EMC, Netapp, etc would be an advantage.
- Other cognate duties & responsibilities as may be agreed by both parties.
- Degree in Computer Science or IT related.
- 3+ Years’ experience.
- Knowledge on Cloud Infrastructure.
- Solaris Certification would be an advantage.
- Netbackup Certification would be an advantage.
Skills as follows:
OS: Sun Solaris 10, 11, IBM AIX 6, 7, RHEL 6, 7,8
Virtualization: LDOMS, Zones, Oracle VM Server for X86, LPAR, KVM
Utility Package: SVM, ZFS, VXVM, LVM
Cluster: VERITAS Info scale
Hardware platform: IBM Power Series, Oracle Sparc Series, Intel Servers
Storage: IBM, NetApp, Oracle
SAN Switch: CISCO, Brocade, IBM
Backup: Veritas Netbackup, Commvault