We are searching for a passionate Network Specialist to join our Datacom team, who will work under the supervision of the Technical Manager and assist the latter in the pre-sales and post-sales activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of Technical Manager.
- Assist the Technical Manager in Planning / Execution of work.
- Follow accurately the post-sales processes and procedures set by the company.
- Become fluent in the different services portfolio (products and solutions) offered by the Datacom Department.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of the different products and solutions offered by the Datacom Department.
- Understand the services offered by other departments and work effectively with their respective team members.
- Gain an understanding of the customers’ diverse and specific business needs and apply product/solution knowledge to meet them.
- Implementation and configuration of Solutions.
- Develop and review project designs and work with the project team to align design to the network requirements.
- Ensure high quality support and service to customers.
- Manage workload in order to organize and prioritise daily/weekly/monthly/yearly goals.
- Assist the Technical Team in providing technical consultancy, site surveys and audit services.
- Assist the Sales and Technical Team to prepare, design, plan and implement new products and solutions.
- Contribute to team’s weekly/monthly/yearly reporting.
- Communicate effectively with a network of customers, vendors and suppliers through face-to-face meeting, the phone, or online platform.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with customers, vendors and suppliers that are built on trust.
- Perform certifications as required by our different technology vendors.
- Attend webinars and workshops for continuous growth.
- Gain familiarity with the IT industry and keep abreast of new technology and solutions.
- Promote the company as a leader on the market.
- Other cognate duties & responsibilities as may be agreed by both parties.
- Degree in IT or Telecommunications field.
- Experience in BGP and Advanced Routing is a must.
- CCNP Level certification.
- Any certification within the related fields will be a definite advantage - Fortinet / Checkpoint / Paloalto / Huawei / Aruba / Ruckus.
- At least 5 years in similar jobs.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Time-management skills and ability to prioritize your workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Team-oriented and growth-driven.
- Willingness to learn and being proactive.
- Excellent in English and French (written and verbal).
- Valid driving license will be an advantage.
- Normal working hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm. However 24x7 availability is required as per customer requirements and deadlines.
Working hours are typically 8.30am to 5.30pm, putting in extra hours where approaching deadlines require them. You may be required to work longer days or on a 24x7 availability.
What is expect:
- This job is mostly office based, but involve travelling to customers’ premises
- Office locations may change according to the needs of the company, so flexibility and mobility are prerequisites
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be set and measured on a yearly basis
- Probation period of six months upon joining the company (may be extended based on your performance)
- Professional Development will be ensured through certifications, training, workshops and webinars