Conduct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures and monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliances with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct internal investigation in respect of compliance issues.
- Organize appropriate risk reporting, internally and externally.
- Monitor the Risk Management Process for the organization.
- Develop policies, processes and procedures according to AML/CTF and assist with the implementation in line with local and international laws.
- Manage Projects.
- Receive reports of any information or other matter, which gives rise to an actual knowledge or suspicion of money laundering;
- Consider such reports in light of relevant information in order to determine if the information or other matter does give rise to such knowledge or suspicion;
- Have reasonable access to other information which may assist in considering such report; and
- Making a disclosure to the FSC and relevant authorities as per Mauritian laws if after considering such report there is knowledge or suspicion of money laundering;
- Attend and delivery training on Regulatory matters including but not limited to AML/CTF and Data Protection
- Perform Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on new and/or potential clients.
- Maintain and review STR Register and file external STR where required.
- Assist in the drafting of reports to Management and Board of Directors.
- Ongoing monitoring of business relationships;
- Maintenance of anti-money laundering records for the required periods;
- Liaison with the FSC regarding suspicious activity reporting;
- Liaison with the FSC on matters regarding vigilance policy and systems;
- Ensuring that internal auditing and compliance departments regularly monitor and make recommendations for up-to-date systems on vigilance; and
- Maintenance of training and procedures manuals so that in the event of a suspicious activity being discovered, all staffs are aware of the reporting chain and procedures to follow
- Proven experience of at least 5 years operating in similar capacity and/or in senior management team
- Certified by the FSC to act as MLRO
- Professional qualification in Compliance, Risk Management and/or a master’s degree in the relevant field
- Strong legal background
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Good analytical & leadership skills.