About the Company
Digiconsult AA Ltd, a subsidiary of the Anglo African Group, is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy firm providing services which cover the full spectrum of MEPT (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Technology), Fire and BMS and IT systems. We are problem solvers who develop practical cost-effective solutions to bring life to buildings. Whatever the engineering challenges, we are here to help identify opportunities using hands on experience and digital technology to improve performance and operations. We accompany our clients from initial concept through design, procurement, construction, commissioning and taking over. Our Human Capital continue to develop internal tools and platforms to automate projects information sharing among project collaborators ranging from promoters, clients, architects, project managers and contractors, while optimising the experience of our clients.
We are looking for an Electrical Consulting Engineer to join our team, who will work under the supervision of Senior Engineers and assist them in project delivery by taking responsibility for specific areas of the design development whilst ensuring a good standard of engineering in accordance with our standards and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interpret the client's requirements, statutory obligations and design the building services wherever appropriate.
- Investigate and report to Clients on feasibility/benefits of a project.
- Deliver the Client’s objectives appropriately.
- Work in conjunction with other Client design team members as required as part of an overall project team.
- Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Design all appropriate services from concept to completion.
- Support Senior Engineers in the design of projects.
- Maintain and produce designs which comply with the relevant regulations, company procedures and company standards.
- Prepare detailed specifications, schedules and bills.
- Facilitate liaison of drawing production with the project team.
- Produce drawing programmes, schedules and design checklists.
- Ensure that design work is checked and receive feedback from the Senior Engineers.
- Provide detailed design and preparation of tender/contract documents.
- Analyse and evaluate Tenders to ensure that the information that is issued to tender is accurate and well defined.
- Inspect and sign-off of Works, Commissioning of systems, and Resolution of final account.
- Awareness of the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Understand our company culture and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree (BEng) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Candidate should have already secured eligibility for registration with CRPE
- Valid driving license.
- Good technical knowledge in a building’s Electrical/ELV services.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in CAD/BIM will be an advantage.
- Positive attitude and strong team player
- Able to think creatively and act tactfully and efficiently
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with the team
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
• At least 3 years’ experience in Consultancy for Electrical services.
• Experience in contracting will be an advantage
Why choose us?
• Competitive Pay Package
• Medical Insurance upon confirmation
• Van Facilities
• Career Growth Opportunities - The aim is to increase the design, construction and practical knowledge of the individual to achieve Senior Engineer status.
• Guidance & support from experienced Engineers
• Be part of a group that is purposefully contributing to the overall betterment of the society!!
Suitable candidates are invited to send their application to the Human Resource on email@example.com