We are searching for a passionate Credit Officer to join our team, who will work on preparing loan applications, assessing clients' financial information and evaluating, authorizing approval or denying loan applications for clients. The Credit Officer will act as a liaison between clients and our financial institution and assist qualified applicants in obtaining loans in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Maintain and update account records
- Review loan requests
- Assess clients’ financial status
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests
- Maintain updated records of loan applications
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans
- Diploma in Banking / Finance or related field with at least 3 years’ experience in the financial sector
- Proven work experience as a Credit Officer, Loan Officer or similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Time-management skills and ability to prioritize your workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Team-oriented and growth-driven.
- Willingness to learn and being proactive.
- Excellent in English and French (written and verbal)