We are searching for a passionate Collection & Recovery Officer to join our team, who will be responsible for building strong long-lasting relationships with past, existing and future clients in dealings on their accounts and be responsible for keeping customers within their arrears thresholds and monitoring and reducing overdue accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively monitor our customer account portfolio to control overdue balances and avoid a large volume of write-offs.
- To proactively identify customers who have used the online payment platform incorrectly and refer them to the online reconciliation team to process the payment.
- To assist customers requesting early settlement of the credit facility.
- Prepare monthly debtor position reports and conduct monthly meetings with management. to develop collection strategies, write off requirements and legal actions to be taken.
- Manage multiple delinquent accounts for debt collection efforts.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Plan a course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Handle questions or complaints.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payments or accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and presentational skills.
- Excellent communicator, internal and external.
- Mediation/arbitration/ conflict resolution experience.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to produce high standards of written communication and reports.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Experienced in organizing own workload to achieve priorities and objectives.
- Committed to own personal development.
- A proactive approach and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Committed to pursuing excellence in line with the organization’s culture and values.
- Minimum Diploma or HSC with at least 5 years’ experience in the financial sector
- At least 2 years in similar jobs.
- Time-management skills and ability to prioritize your workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Team-oriented and growth-driven.
- Willingness to learn and being proactive.
- Excellent in English and French (written and verbal).